HARRIS COUNTY GOVERNMENT as of 08/09/2017
All Positions Open Until Filled Unless Otherwise Specified
DEPUTY COURT CLERK in PROBATE COURT
FT; HSD or GED, 2 years clerical experience preferably in the court system or legal environment, skilled in grammar, oral and written communications; proficient in Microsoft Office; meticulous in data entry; excellent organization skills and punctuality.
LIFEGUARDS @ COMMUNITY CENTER
Must possess current valid certifications for lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and AED. Experience preferred. Must possess and maintain valid drivers license or have a reliable transportation. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR with PUBLIC WORKS
Full time; HSD or GED; 1-2 years experience in light equipment operation, or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for the job; possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates) or obtain same at first opportunity class is offered after hire date; ability to operate machinery and equipment including motor grader, low boy tractor & trailer, backhoe, dump truck, etc. /hr
TAX APPRAISER I with TAX ASSESSOR’S OFFICE
HSD or GED required; experience in real or personal property appraisal or related field preferred. Responsibilities include performing support work appraising, assessing and reassessing residential, commercial, agricultural, and industrial property for tax purposes, conducting field investigations, assisting citizens with real property appraisal and tax matters, and related work. Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license, possess and maintain Georgia Department of Revenue Appraiser Level I certification or obtain same within one year of hire.
TRACTOR MOWER DRIVERS with PUBLIC WORKS
Part-time Temporary Seasonal (during growing season); HSD or GED; experience in driving tractor with bush-hog attachment, and must possess valid drivers license.
- Qualifications as stated or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for job.
- Hiring dependent passing drug screening, background check (to include employment and criminal), and driving history, if applicable.
- Application can be found at www.harriscountyga.gov; original application must be submitted. Apply at Harris County Board of Commissioners, PO Box 365, 104 North College Street, Hamilton, GA, 31811, unless otherwise indicated.
- Resumes without applications are not considered.
- IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted an application and would like for it to be considered for one or more of the positions you see on the above list, you MUST call 706-628-4958 and request that your application be forwarded to the appropriate department for the job you are seeking.
Application For All Harris County Jobs (PDF)
Please complete the employment application and mail the original to:
Harris County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 365
Hamilton, GA 31811-0365
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Harris County Government participates in the E-Verify program, which is an internet-based system used to confirm employment eligibility.