HARRIS COUNTY GOVERNMENT as of 01/04/2018
All Positions Open Until Filled Unless Otherwise Specified
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER @ Harris County 911 Center
FT; HSD or GED; some experience in emergency communications or related field preferred; must possess valid Public Safety Communications Officer and CPR certifications or ability to obtain same within six months of hire. Must be able to operate a variety of equipment to include computer, printer, voice recorder, TDD, satellite weather receiver, communication equipment. Job functions include dispatching law enforcement, fire, emergency medical service, and non-emergency calls; receiving, screening and monitoring routine and emergency calls; recording all information manually or via computer.
LIFEGUARDS @ COMMUNITY CENTER
Must possess current valid certifications for lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and AED. Experience preferred. Must possess and maintain valid drivers license or have a reliable transportation. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
TRACTOR MOWER DRIVERS with PUBLIC WORKS
Part-time Temporary Seasonal (during growing season); HSD or GED; experience in driving tractor with bush-hog attachment, and must possess valid drivers license.
- Qualifications as stated or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for job.
- Hiring dependent passing drug screening, background check (to include employment and criminal), and driving history, if applicable.
- Application can be found at www.harriscountyga.gov; original application must be submitted. Apply at Harris County Board of Commissioners, PO Box 365, 104 North College Street, Hamilton, GA, 31811, unless otherwise indicated.
- Resumes without applications are not considered.
- IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted an application and would like for it to be considered for one or more of the positions you see on the above list, you MUST call 706-628-4958 and request that your application be forwarded to the appropriate department for the job you are seeking.
Application For All Harris County Jobs (PDF)
Please complete the employment application and mail the original to:
Harris County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 365
Hamilton, GA 31811-0365
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Harris County Government participates in the E-Verify program, which is an internet-based system used to confirm employment eligibility.