HARRIS COUNTY GOVERNMENT as of 10/31/2017
All Positions Open Until Filled Unless Otherwise Specified
FT; HSD or GED, six months to one year experience in law enforcement or jail environment or related field; must complete basic Jailer Course Certification within six months of hire; must possess and maintain valid CPR certification, must complete taser training within six months of hire; must possess and maintain valid drivers license. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing security/general work functions associated with maintaining the safety, security and welfare of inmates in jail.
LIFEGUARDS @ COMMUNITY CENTER
Must possess current valid certifications for lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and AED. Experience preferred. Must possess and maintain valid drivers license or have a reliable transportation. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR with PUBLIC WORKS
Full time; HSD or GED; 1-2 years experience in light equipment operation, or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for the job; possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates) or obtain same at first opportunity class is offered after hire date; ability to operate machinery and equipment including motor grader, low boy tractor & trailer, backhoe, dump truck, etc. /hr
$43,305.60 to & 67,116.21 DOQ
Full time: Associate’s degree in parks & recreation administration or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred), considerable experience in parks & recreation administration, recreational programming, facilities management and maintenance; valid drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates), or obtain same within three months of employment. Position reports to County Manager, has a staff of six full-time employees, 24 part-time employees, and an annual budget of $1.77M; responsible for management of Community center, five parks, 21 miles of rails-to-trails gravel walking trail, 4 miles of paved walking trail; assists with and coordinates recreational programming for baseball/softball, football, basketball, track, wrestling, soccer, cheerleading, and youth swimming provided through community youth sports associations. Attendance required at regular after-hours Recreation Board meetings (once a month) and at some Commission meetings, and may require occasional work on weekend.
Start date is anticipated to be January 2, 2018.
Click for More Information (PDF)
TRACTOR MOWER DRIVERS with PUBLIC WORKS
Part-time Temporary Seasonal (during growing season); HSD or GED; experience in driving tractor with bush-hog attachment, and must possess valid drivers license.
- Qualifications as stated or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for job.
- Hiring dependent passing drug screening, background check (to include employment and criminal), and driving history, if applicable.
- Application can be found at www.harriscountyga.gov; original application must be submitted. Apply at Harris County Board of Commissioners, PO Box 365, 104 North College Street, Hamilton, GA, 31811, unless otherwise indicated.
- Resumes without applications are not considered.
- IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted an application and would like for it to be considered for one or more of the positions you see on the above list, you MUST call 706-628-4958 and request that your application be forwarded to the appropriate department for the job you are seeking.
Application For All Harris County Jobs (PDF)
Please complete the employment application and mail the original to:
Harris County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 365
Hamilton, GA 31811-0365
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Harris County Government participates in the E-Verify program, which is an internet-based system used to confirm employment eligibility.