HARRIS COUNTY GOVERNMENT as of 05/15/2017
All Positions Open Until Filled Unless Otherwise Specified
LIFEGUARDS at COMMUNITY CENTER
Must possess current valid certifications for lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and AED. Experience preferred. Must possess and maintain valid drivers license or have a reliable transportation. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR in PUBLIC WORKS
Full time; HSD or GED; 1-2 years experience in light equipment operation, or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for the job; possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates) or obtain same at first opportunity class is offered after hire date; ability to operate machinery and equipment including motor grader, low boy tractor & trailer, backhoe, dump truck, etc. /hr
SANITATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (aka Truck Driver) in SOLID WASTE
Full time; HSD or GED; previous experience in operation/maintenance of commercial class vehicles and equipment in a public works or sanitation environment preferred; possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates) or obtain same within six months of hire date.
TRACTOR MOWER DRIVERS in PUBLIC WORKS
Part-time Temporary Seasonal (during growing season);HSD or GED; experience in driving tractor with bush-hog attachment, and must possess valid drivers license.
- Qualifications as stated or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for job.
- Hiring dependent passing drug screening, background check (to include employment and criminal), and driving history, if applicable.
- Application can be found at www.harriscountyga.gov; original application must be submitted. Apply at Harris County Board of Commissioners, PO Box 365, 104 North College Street, Hamilton, GA, 31811, unless otherwise indicated.
- Resumes without applications are not considered.
- IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted an application and would like for it to be considered for one or more of the positions you see on the above list, you MUST call 706-628-4958 and request that your application be forwarded to the appropriate department for the job you are seeking.
Application For All Harris County Jobs (PDF)
Please complete the employment application and mail the original to:
Harris County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 365
Hamilton, GA 31811-0365