HARRIS COUNTY GOVERNMENT as of 07/07/2017
All Positions Open Until Filled Unless Otherwise Specified
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) MANAGER
Full-time; Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, business management, or related field supplemented by seven (7) years previous experience and/or training that includes IT systems, systems analysis, network systems, computer operations and maintenance; must possess valid drivers license. Position functions include, but are not limited to, develop requirements, outlines, budgets, schedules, strategic plans, schedules, and long/short term goals and objectives for IT projects; oversee all phases of IT projects from conception to completion; develop security standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms; formulate policies and procedures for department operations and for use of county-wide computer systems; develop and maintain IT structure; provide IT support to county staff; determine, order and install IT hardware and software; research and make recommendations regarding IT systems; prepare proposals in coordination with county clerk; provide technical support, training and information to system users regarding operations of hardware and software, procedures, problems, and related issues; troubleshoot and/or resolve IT problems; and responding to off-hours situations, nights, weekends, holidays and during times of emergencies and disasters. First review of applications will occur July 28, 2017.
LIFEGUARDS AT COMMUNITY CENTER
Must possess current valid certifications for lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, and AED. Experience preferred. Must possess and maintain valid drivers license or have a reliable transportation. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
LIGHT EQUIPMENT OPERATOR with PUBLIC WORKS
Full time; HSD or GED; 1-2 years experience in light equipment operation, or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for the job; possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A drivers license; must possess State of Georgia Correctional Officer I Certification at minimum security level (to supervise and work with inmates) or obtain same at first opportunity class is offered after hire date; ability to operate machinery and equipment including motor grader, low boy tractor & trailer, backhoe, dump truck, etc. /hr
TRACTOR MOWER DRIVERS with PUBLIC WORKS
Part-time Temporary Seasonal (during growing season); HSD or GED; experience in driving tractor with bush-hog attachment, and must possess valid drivers license.
- Qualifications as stated or any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for job.
- Hiring dependent passing drug screening, background check (to include employment and criminal), and driving history, if applicable.
- Application can be found at www.harriscountyga.gov; original application must be submitted. Apply at Harris County Board of Commissioners, PO Box 365, 104 North College Street, Hamilton, GA, 31811, unless otherwise indicated.
- Resumes without applications are not considered.
- IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted an application and would like for it to be considered for one or more of the positions you see on the above list, you MUST call 706-628-4958 and request that your application be forwarded to the appropriate department for the job you are seeking.
Application For All Harris County Jobs (PDF)
Please complete the employment application and mail the original to:
Harris County Board of Commissioners
PO Box 365
Hamilton, GA 31811-0365